Current Happenings

Friday, March 20, 2009

A Treat

White Flour Wickedness
I just ate my workout, plus some. *ha!* I'm sure that maybe I should feel just a little guilty... or something like that. I don't though. After all, what is the point of exercising hard, if it isn't to enjoy little things in life that are yummy? Today, my yummy was a couple of homemade waffles and a couple of eggs. The waffles were yummier than the eggs, because I cooked the eggs on the griddle. I accidentally overcooked my yolks, and that is most exceptionally horrific for this Squish.

I am full and sleepy. I ate syrup, something that I almost never do. Seriously, I could count the times that I've eaten syrup this year on one hand, minus a couple fingers. It was yummy, but I'm looking forward to the real yum in a little over an hour.

I'm going to exercise again!

You know, sometimes exercising is the yummy. I know that I forgot to mention it, but the yummiest things in life aren't always the ones that you put in your mouth. Tonight, I am looking forward to putting on a video, pulling out the weights, and getting terrifically sweaty with my sister. She hasn't been feeling 100% lately, kind of dumpy and lackluster. So, I'm going to basically beat the crap out of her tonight! Sounds like fun, eh? *chuckles* I'm not really going to be mean though. We're just going to work real hard. I want to push us both to the point where we get a good, strong sweat on and feel like puddles of triumphant ooze when we're done.

Rewind
I haven't been slacking off. It may look like that from my sad little workout calendar on the sidebar. I've been awful about updating the thing, and I'm still trying to figure out if that is a bad thing or not. I'm sure that you guys don't really care, and I shouldn't care either- so long as I am getting my exercise in.

It's been a little while since I've visited the gym, but I gave it a shot this afternoon. I was wonderfully ecstatic to find open treadmills. I guess the sunshine and the fact that it is nearing the end of March means something. Those who can run outside are doing so. The folks whose fitness dreams were planted in thin soil have shriveled up. I feel a little bad for the shriveled people, but hopefully I'll see them again next year. Maybe it will stick next time. It's hard to say what will happen to people, that thing that just makes things "click".

My main goal at the gym was just to run. I jogged myself in place for two miles, and it took 28:08. I had thought about going further, but my bladder disagreed. That is so annoying. So, I stopped running there, and switched to weights after my brief bathroom break. Ooo... I worked my thighs real good. I would do a set of 12 squats, and then settle into a "chair sit" pose and hold the weight for as long as I could. I repeated that 4 times. Then I hit machines for inner thighs, outer thighs, chest press, and rows.

Dessert
After my food settles, Rae and I are going to do the "Walk Away The Pounds" 3 mile workout. That is 45 minutes, if I remember correctly. I think that I'd like dig through my tapes and find my Tai Fit workout tape, and see if I can do that at all. Back when I got it, I couldn't survive 5 minutes of that workout. That was a long time ago, and if I can make it through a workout with Jillian Michaels, I'm sure that I can last a few minutes with the kickboxing. I think that maybe I'll try that first, since I'll probably have to study the tape a little bit, and that leads to a kind of start-and-stop workout.

After-Thought
Oh, and it is time for another accountability picture. I did take the picture, but you know... I'm not sure that it's worth posting. Oh, I'm still losing weight, slowly. I'm still getting plenty of exercise. Changes in me are coming slow though, so it seems silly to post another picture right now. I think that I'm going to wait until my Fit-iversary and post a picture on May 20th. Hopefully, I'll have a pretty dramatic picture by then, or at least enough of a chance that I can see some kind of difference.

3 comments:

karen said...

I love the shriveled people! Unfortunately I'd probably be one of them if I ever bothered to get a membership anywhere ;)

Ida said...

Membership is a total waste on me. Not that we have a gym to become a member of.

Me, Only Better said...

You are an exercise queen! I am glad that you are still able to get your exercise in, even with all the changes in your household!

This time around I am not a shriveled person! I am using my membership! Yay!