Current Happenings

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Good Morning, I think....

I'm possibly a little cranky today. I did manage to get in bed at a decent hour last night, except for the animals waking me up every hour of the night. *cries* If it wasn't the dog whining and begging to go outside, or have some more water, it was one of the cats getting into stuff. I found Tig batting around my sister's ear buds under the table, and had to rescue them. Since I'm the only one who sleeps so lightly (and hears every blessed thing), I am the only person around to take care of these things. *yawns* I think my brain hurts. It wanted sleep.

My biceps are tight, and a little sore today. I keep stretching my arms back gently, trying to carefully work out the kinks. For such a silly little foo-foo man, Richard Simmons certainly knows how to make my arms fall off. (I really do love him. *grins*) That was only with the 5 lb. weights! I'm going to just claim muscle exhaustion, since I did the 'Walk Away The Pounds" and a portion of the video uses weights during the aerobic exercise. That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!

Though I was tired and sore, I did still get my exercise in this morning- just a little later than planned. DH was going to drag me out of bed this morning, but he let me go back to sleep after I told him about the foolishness of our furry friends. He just tucked me back in and said, "good night". *grins* He's nice to me. He didn't have time to take out the garbage, so he asked me if I could do it for him. I bolted out of bed just after 8:00 a.m., because I heard the garbage truck passing the house! Oops. Thankfully, I have the ability to put my trash out on the front street too, since I live on the corner. It's a wonderful blessing. So, I was wide awake from running out of the house and dragging garbage cans. I figured that it was as good a time as any to get to exercising.

My plan was to just walk for 35 minutes on my XL Glider in the morning, but I stuck it out for an hour today. Quite frankly, I'm wanting to give the weights a rest today, at least a little bit. Since I'm working to exercise for at least 2 hours each day, the walking is filling my movement quota for me. By 9:30 a.m. I was already halfway done with my exercise for the day.

Since I'm feeling rather slow today, I think that I'm going to opt for some yoga instead of the higher paced cardio. I don't mind working hard. I'm just not up for FAST. Maybe I'll feel more spunky later in the afternoon. Right now, I'm more in the mood for sculpting and yoga stuff.

On a positive note, I've dropped a pound since yesterday. If I can just lose 6 more pounds some time before May 20th, I'll have a big ole smile on my face. That will put me at an even 60 lbs. lost. I know that with dedication I can earn those pounds, and maybe even a few more.

0 comments: