Current Happenings

Sunday, April 19, 2009

The "I feel into a box of cookies" Workout

All I have to say is, "D'uh. Stupid." Really, what more is there to say? Don't keep the crap in the house, Squishy. It's hard, being that I'm the only person here who can't tolerate having the stuff around without gaining 100 pounds. Seriously, I'm eating a hard-boiled egg, and my husband is chowing down on pizza rolls. Sometimes it all just kind of sucks- but none of it sucks as much as knowing that I didn't make good decisions.

Anyway, I hurried and bolted a little something light to eat this morning- a yogurt and a cup of orange juice. I should have had something more substantial, but I was in a real hurry to get done with the gym in time to get home and take care of the squeakers. That said, this is what I managed to get done before I ran out of steam. I thought about doing more, but I found that I was hitting 150+ bpm for my heart rate, just trying to keep going.

Today's workout:

Treadmill:
5 min @ 2.5 mph warmup
15 min. @ 3.5 mph (maybe 20 min.? Accidentally cleared the info. D'oh.)
1.44 mi in 20 mins. 3.5/7.5 sprints 2/1 intvls (2 min. recovery, 1 min. sprint)

Bench Press: p3 x 20; p4 x 20; p5 x 10
Row: p3 x 10; p4 x 20; p5 x 10

Elliptical: 15 min. (HR 148-150 bpm steady)

Lat Press: p4 x 10; p5 x 20

Bench Press: p3 x 20

Upright bike: 5 mi. in 20 min.

3 comments:

Me, Only Better said...

Sounds like a great workout!

Marisa (Trim The Fat) said...

Awesome workout!!!

I fall into boxes of cookies. And bags, too =) Minefields!

Diana said...

Wow, I thought I worked out hard. I don't even begin to compare to you. Now what does the "p" stand for on your reps?

Also, how long does it take you to do this workout?

Cookies in the house...never! They're forbidden. In fact, a lot of foods are forbidden. Only peanut stuff allowed...because I'm allergic. Otherwise, I'd eat it all.