Current Happenings

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Weighing In

This morning, I'm coming in at 195 lbs. , which is up by 1 lb. since last week. I feel that pound. I am feeling so bloated and nasty, but I guess that is the [sarcasm] wonderful [/sarcasm] thing about getting my period. BLAAAAHH.

My numbers on the scale have been awful, awful, awful this month. The really ironic and kind of funny thing is that I have been doing great with my diet and have been totally rockin' out with my exercise. Since I've been pushing my body outside it's comfort zone, I know that I've been retaining water. It's bad enough to wake up feeling horrifically sore, and then I get to see the scale jump by 4 lbs. overnight.

I don't know if my numbers are going to be much better next week, because I'm not good at predicting what my body is going to do. Maybe I'll get a big whoosh, and maybe I won't. I don't really care, so long as I can tell that good things are going on with my body. I can tell that my pear-shape is being softened quite a bit. That is a really good feeling. I'm still poking my soft lower belly and wondering when I'm going to see much change there, but I guess it will eventually come. Somewhere along the way of losing these 30 lbs. , it will get better. In the meantime, I'm just drinking a ton of water and hoping that I'll stop feeling like an overfilled water balloon.

1 comments:

Kud said...

Yea my period brought on a 3lb gain overnight so I know that's not right. Don't stress it out too much. It'll go away a week from now. Just make sure you're eating enough because I know you push yourself really hard exercise-wise. Don't let it get you down. Let your body adjust slowly but surely!