Current Happenings

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Wicked Burn

Oops. I knew a couple days ago that I had really worked my legs hard, and I should have been more careful with my stretches and massages. I know better. That is why I am a little frustrated now. I knew that I needed to be extra careful, but I only stretched the "normal" amount instead of baby-ing my quads. So, now I am in trouble.

Yesterday, I went down into a lunge, and there was the dreaded shot of pain and then the burn. You probably know that burn. It's the one that means that you'll be limping around for a week or two! lol My upper-thigh is sore now, but I've been putting ice on it. I've been very gently rubbing the soreness out, along with very gingerly stretching. If any movement is uncomfortable, I immediately stop it. I can still do the "Walk Away The Pounds" 2 mile video, because there isn't a bunch of jumping around, and no lunges. I have to be careful with the kick-backs, but the rest of the moves are alright. Other than that, so long as I start off slowly, I can build up to a pretty brisk walking pace with only the slightest twinge of discomfort.

All in all, I don't think that this is a bad pull. It is already beginning to feel a little bit better, though I'm certainly not going to test it out. I'm going to give my leg a rest through the weekend at least, before I even try a simple squat. Squats don't bother me so much because the weight is distributed between both legs evenly, but I don't even want to do that until I know that my right quad has had a chance to rest and heal. The easier I go on it right now, the sooner I can get back to arse-kicking workouts. In the meantime, I'm sticking to 2 hours of exercise each day, but I'm pretty limited in what I can do. Walking is really nice though! It has been absolutely wonderful to just soak in the sun and feel the wind on my face. That seems even more theraputic than the actual walking.

Oh, I was down another 1/2 lb. this morning, if the scale can be believed. *grins*

1 comments:

Marisa (Trim The Fat) said...

Whoa, 2 hrs. of exercise??!!! You rock!