Current Happenings

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Happy Anniversay To Me

Well, today marks one year that I have been living this healthier lifestyle! Yay! I managed to lose 54.5 lbs. for the year, and I'm very happy about that.

I had wanted to do something special today, to mark the occasion, but I have some obligations to meet at the house. It makes me sad that I can't do what I had wanted, but there is no changing how things are right now.

Anyway, I'm going to celebrate with a little "30 Day Shred". *laughs* I haven't been able to do as much exercise of late, so I know that it's really going to kick my butt. However, it will feel so good!

After upping my water intake yesterday, I got a big whoosh on the scale this morning. I'm weighing in at 193.5 now that I'm hydrated. I want to work really hard for the next few days, to see if I can drive that number into the 180's before I leave for vacation. If I can manage my food reasonably well, I shouldn't come home any heavier than usual. My grandparents have a pool, and we have lots of fun swimming in there. We also have many fun activities planned that will keep my mind occupied, since I tend to eat more when I'm bored.

I'll get back to my regular scheduled programming now though. *laughs* For breakfast, I had the same thing as yesterday- oatmeal, an extra-small banana, and 3 cups of water. Once breakfast is settled, I'm putting on Jillian, so she can kick my behind.

Ok, I was right. Shred kicked my butt. It's amazing, how quickly a body loses it's stamina and strength when not being pushed! I was back to Level 1, since I've been a slug. The first few minutes were the hardest. After that though, I seemed to do pretty well. The only exercise that I abhor are the bicycle crunches. That is just too hard on my back. I can do all of the individual crunches, but the bicycle crunches just hurt.

Lunch today is my turkey sandwich w/ mustard and lettuce on pumpernickel. I also have a side of broccoli, and a diet Cream Soda that I'll sip on during the day.

7 comments:

♥ Dee ♥ said...

Congratulations, Squishy!!

spunkysuzi said...

Happy anniversary :) And you have definitely rocked this journey!!

Brooke said...

Happy Happy!! What a great anniversary to be celebrating. Congrats. And what better way to celebrate than with Jillian?? Ha ha!! Keep it up girl! Those 180's will be here before you know it. We are at almost the exact same weight - which makes me want it for you even more!!!

The Incredible Shrinking Family said...

Happy anniversary !

Mama Bear June said...

Happy Blogiversary! You have done an amazing job with the loss. Keep making healthy choices. And have a great vacation.
Path to Health

Ida said...

Happy anniversary. 54.5 lbs is something to be quite proud of.

Ida said...

I have a gift for you, drop by my blog and pick it up.
http://losingmyself2.blogspot.com/2009/05/after-year-of-this.html