Current Happenings

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Tuesday to You.

For breakfast, I just went with the good 'ole oatmeal. I've got 20 g. oats, 8 g. almonds, 8 g. raisins, and a small banana. I usually add Almond Breeze, but I forgot it. I had cobwebs in my head, I think. Breakfast is 234 calories.

To help me get through my munchies after breakfast, I had a cup of coffee. It always helps to quiet my hunger monster.

For lunch, I had a turkey sandwich on pumpernickel bread. There was also a side of Fiesta-style veggies. I sure do love my diet Cream Soda. I nursed this one all day.

Dinner was simple. I had 3 oz. of chicken breast, a biscuit, 1/2 c. mashed potatoes, and 3 oz. of mixed veggies. After I took this picture, I shredded my chicken and added 1/4 c. of light gravy for an extra 20 calories. For dessert.... I had another biscuit, with a tablespoon of honey on it.

For my final meal of the night, I am having 8 oz. of mushrooms. I roasted them with a few sprays of "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" spray, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper. For something light and cleansing, I am having 10 oz. of watermelon. I need to hurry and eat it before it completely turns to mush. lol


I stayed around the house this afternoon and did some chores, and worked on the blanket that I'm crocheting. Since I wasn't all that active earlier, I hit the walking track at the park for a walk/jog. I got a good sweat on during my 4 mile workout. I'm hoping that if I keep working at it, I can start knocking minutes off of my 5k time. I'm not any kind of serious runner, but I do have some little bit of pride- and it can't stand the slowness of my run. *laughs* If I can get my 5k time down to 35 minutes, I will be marvelously happy.

1 comments:

Ida said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm oatmeal mmmmmmmmm NOT! can barely stand the stuff myself. I occasionally will have instant maple and brown sugar. But none else.