Current Happenings

Friday, May 8, 2009

Increase for Friday

My weight hasn't increased, just my calorie budget for the day. I am still at 191.5 today, which is no surprise. I was running yesterday, and exercise tends to do that for me. There are also some other factors to consider, but they fall in the realm of "too much information". *chuckles*

I started my day in my usual way, with a cup of coffee. I needed a few minutes to just wake up and figure out what my game plan is for today. For the past week, I've stuck pretty close to 1,200 calories per day. That is on the very bottom of my range, so I figured that I should give myself a couple of days a little higher up on the scale. Today, I'm shooting for about 1,500 calories. Only 20 of them came from my cup of coffee though.

Since I had bigger numbers to work with this morning, I splurged a little. I had a bowl of Active Lifestyle flakes with strawberries and 3 oz. Almond Breeze. Um, it's basically the store brand "Special K" with strawberries. I also had 4 oz. of cantaloupe (which I can finally spell on my own. lol), and a Yoplait pineapple yogurt cup. That was only 308 calories for breakfast, but it was very yummy.
Sometime in the afternoon ( I didn't think to look at all), I wanted something to sip on. I grabbed a diet Cream Soda. I only drank a little bit off of it and put it in the fridge. I'll just nurse it over the day, I think. (It's a good thing that I like flat soda.) Yes, I was sewing at the time.

For lunch, I made a turkey breast sandwich on Aunt Millie's light bread, with lettuce and mustard. There was also a side of Mexican Fiesta-style veggies. This lunch was only 198 calories, but that is alright, since I eat so often. I can make up the difference somewhere else.

No one knew what they wanted to eat for dinner, and I had to hurry out for my appointment with the chiropractor. We just grabbed some tacos over at Taco Bell. I am ever the good girl though, and I got a hard taco kid's meal with a diet Pepsi. See... this is what I had...


My fast food splurge was a whole 480 calories, which put me at 1,005 calories thus far for the day. That is still substantially lower than what I had planned on eating, so I need to fix me up some yummies for this evening.
Here is my supper! I have two eggs on light bread, a bowl of my oatmeal and a yogurt cup. It's a little late for it, but I know that I won't be going to bed any time soon. My husband has company in the garage, and the guys are all working on the project car. I might as well read for a while, until he gets tired of getting dirty. Here is my summary for the day. I'm coming in at 1,468 calories for the day.

3 comments:

♥ Dee ♥ said...

Hmmm. I'm wondering if you are eating ENOUGH calories?

When I switched to maintenance and added 500 to my day, I actually lost another three pounds that week.

Do you eat your excercise earned calories on top of that 1200?

foodiegettingfit said...

wow 1200 is so low. I second Dee. Are you sure those are enough? I lose best when I eat a combo of 1800, 1500 and 2100 calories over the 7 days with a activity level that's pretty moderate.

Squishy ! said...

I've dialed back my calories this week because I haven't been doing much in the way of exercise. Between having a sore foot and having my back out of whack, I haven't been moving much. Of course, I think that's why I've been able to tolerate 1,200 calories without being out of my mind.