Current Happenings

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Howdy!!
For breakfast this morning, I am having my oatmeal and a yogurt cup (236 calories). I'll have a bigger lunch, to try and even things out a bit, but that won't be for a while. I've got to call my mom and talk with her, and then go birthday shopping for my little sister's birthday this week.

Now that I'm back from shopping, I made a pretty substantial lunch from what I had sitting around. There is a leftover biscuit, 2 eggs over-medium, and 10 oz. of watermelon for 430 calories.
I really needed that. I was out too long, and it's almost 3 p.m. already. I was starting to feel a little crazy while we were out. I am running real low on food staples, so I will just have to poke through the pantry later and see what there is to have for dinner. We had Chinese takeout for dinner last night, and there are tons of leftovers for everyone else to eat. I was very careful with the takeout, but there is no denying that no matter how careful I am- that stuff is not a good source of nutrition. I can't even think about how much MSG was probably in the little amount of sauce that I was dipping my fork in, to eat with my chicken.

I lost track of my photo-taking this evening! D'oh. I did keep track of my food though.

-4.16 oz. raw carrots w/ 30 g. light ranch
-1 oz. pretzels
-2 c. coffee
-10 pieces of chicken w/.25 c. sauce , 1 c. rice
-2 pieces Dove chocolate

Here is my summary for the evening. My pie chart looks pretty unbalanced, but it's not an awful number of calories. That is more of a maintenance level for me, but I'm not bothered by that. Tomorrow will be a lower day, and I'm going to pound the pavement for a while with a good run. Whatever I end up doing, the big task of the day will be going grocery shopping. Pickings are getting awfully tight right now, and that makes it much harder to eat well.

2 comments:

Marisa (Trim The Fat) said...

Happy Mother's Day!

I love chinese food! I hate that there are always leftovers; I could eat it for days!

Ida said...

Left over Chinese? Never heard of such a thing. At least not around here! LOL HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!