Current Happenings

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Quietness

I know that I've been real quiet of late, but I am vacationing in Tennessee! This has been my first opportunity to really sit down and tap out anything on the computer.

We made the trip in just over 10 hours, and have spent the past couple of days enjoying the good company of our family. Papa and Grandma took us out to the pizza buffet after we got in, and I am happy to say that I ate a very modest portion. I had a little help, since I have a head cold right now, and it just saps any real desire to eat right out of me.

Yesterday, we drove into Athens and walked around the "Moofest" street fair. It was pretty much just like the street fairs that we have at home, except that they had a couple of cows there. *laughs*

Today is supposed to be even warmer than yesterday, so hopefully the pool water won't be so cold. It was fine for my daughter, because she's got her enthusiasm to keep her warm. I gave up on freezing myself, and I just worked on getting a little bit of a tan. I'm going to put my shoes on and go walk some laps along the little lane at the end of the drive. It's beautiful, and the trees stretch over the road and shade it from the hot sun. I can't do any more than walk, since I'm still trying hard just to breathe. It will feel good to do something though.

1 comments:

Ida said...

Sounds like you are having a great time. It's good that you were able to not over do it at the pizza buffet. Hope the cold gets better real soon. Enjoy!