Current Happenings

Saturday, June 6, 2009

And Because I'm So Lucky...

I don't know if I've mentioned it before or not, but I've been experiencing some pretty frustrating abdominal pain for the past few months. At first, I thought that I was experiencing scar pain, because I have a pretty wicked vertical scar from the emergency c-sections that I've had. From time to time, I've had some discomfort because of the scar tissue. As time has gone by though, it has gotten worse. I then figured that maybe I had just overdone it with the exercise. Maybe that IS the answer, but I earned myself more than a little muscle soreness.

I went to see my doctor this morning, and he referred me to a surgeon. It appears that I have a hernia in my abdominal wall. I'm not a fan of being cut on, but I'd love to not be living with continual pain. A few days of more intense pain will be a reasonable trade in order to be done with the lingering burn that plagues me now.

I'm not sure what this means for my exercise routine, both now and later. I'm frustrated with the weakness of my body, but it seems that I'm destined for injury no matter how careful I try to be. It's enough to make me want to stomp my foot a few times.

2 comments:

Ida said...

Sorry to hear that you'll have to have surgery. I hope you do okay, God bless!

Jericho said...

This sounds like something that would happen to me. You work your ass off to get some momentum and along comes some silly thing to slow you down! Well, you've made it this far - inspired all of us - you'll figure it out. We have faith in you! :)