Current Happenings

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Walking Away My Pounds

I tried to walk on the XL Glider the other day, and that didn't work out so well for me. I think that I made it about 15 minutes before I decided that I couldn't do it anymore, and I sat down to rest. Well, today I put on my "Walk Away The Pounds" 2 mile video. I'm happy to say that I got through it!

I have to say that my pride is a little sore, because I am unable to use weights at all as I try to exercise. I noticed that so long as I didn't try to raise my knees too high, I can jog in place with only a little bit of pain. Since sitting on my butt, doing nothing, causes me pain- that's not too bad. Longer strides, like on the glider, hurt. So, maybe I'll just jog in place for a little while each day to try and stay active until I can get this hernia fixed.

My eating hasn't been stellar. I'm certainly not making the best food choices, and that causes me to feel more than a little disappointed in myself. I guess that is why I feel so determined to find some way to get at least a little exercise in. I find that I'm just becoming saddened and grumpy by the pain, and the frustration of being continually hurt. If it's not one thing, it's another. First it was an injured foot, then I managed to put my hip out, and now I have this hernia in my abdomen. My emotions are all over the place, and so everything else is suffering as my head isn't in the game the way that it should be.

I guess that the good news is that I haven't had a bad hit on the scale. I don't know how much of that is simply me trading muscle in for fat though. I have to be very careful about lifting weights right now, and that is such a disappointment. It's rather difficult to isolate my different muscle groups, trying to retain some kind of muscle tone while using my abs as little as possible. Over the past month or so, I've slowly crept up about 5 lbs. or so, sometimes a bit less than that. It's interesting how such a small amount of weight has messed with my head so much. Instead of looking at how much good I've done my body, I'm being overly critical of every bump and jiggle. Ick. I'm still trying to find a way to help shake myself out of this funk. At least I got a good workout in!!

3 comments:

Ida said...

Don't have any sage advice for you, except to say, "hang in there, this, too shall pass"

Marisa (Trim The Fat) said...

Aw, Jenn, so sorry to hear about your hernia:(

I used to do WATP all the time! Good job for getting through it! Hang in there. The funk will lift soon :)

Mama Bear June said...

I'm so sorry you've had such a rough time lately. I had a few health setbacks on this path, too. You are doing a great job of finding out what your body will handle right now. Hang in there, sweetie!
Path to Health