Current Happenings

Friday, August 14, 2009

Checkin' In and Foods For The Day

I've been feeling pretty good. I've stayed away from most sweets, aside from a couple of creamsicles. Thankfully, those little frozen treats don't trigger me the way regular ice cream does. So, they have been pretty safe. That is probably the best change, because I don't feel as frantic for sugar as I have been feeling lately.

Now that I've got a few days strung together, I'm starting to get my confidence back. That is 90% or more of the game, having my head on straight.

Anyway, I'll get on to the foods that I've eaten today...

Of course, I started my day out with the customary cup of coffee. It's habit. Then, I had a bowl of oatmeal and 4 oz. of peaches.


Lunch was a yummy salmon fillet, seasoned with garlic and onion powders. I heated up some leftover mashed potatoes while my broccoli was cooking, and it all made for a wonderfully filling meal.

Instead of having an afternoon snack, I just had a cup of coffee while I watched one of my favorite shows, "How Clean Is Your House?"

For dinner, we had baked chicken, au gratin potatoes, and seasoned green beans. For dessert, I had a Creamsicle!! Woohoo!

My evening snack, I enjoyed a plate of cucumber and a cup of coffee. In an effort to stay away from anything too salty before bed, I'm saving a yogurt cup for later in the evening.

That brings me up to a total of 1,135 calories for the day. It's a little low, but I didn't get my walk in today. So, that seems like an alright number for someone who has spent their day fiddling with household chores and sitting on 'er behind.

0 comments: