Current Happenings

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Foods For The Day

This morning, I opted for yogurt and Fiber One cereal for breakfast. It was alright, but looks gross. *chuckles* Chasing it with a cup of coffee helped chase off any lingering feelings of hunger until lunch time.
For lunch, I dug through the freezer and found a bag of frozen salmon fillets. I love it when things are individually packaged, so I can just grab one and know how much I have. So, I put a little non-stick spray on my pan and cooked the fish on the stove-top, along with steaming some mixed vegetables. I drank a cup of water after my coffee, so I wanted something a little different with lunch. A cup of Crystal Light was convenient, and it hit the spot. :o )

Since lunch was so light, I grabbed a snack during the afternoon. 4 oz. of pineapple, a stick of string cheese, and a cup of coffee helped take the edge off of things when I began to get "snacky".

Dinner had to be prepared in a rush, before we headed off to church. I had thought that we were going to be having a meal with our fellow believers, but DH called at the last minute to say that he would be late from work and unable to take us early enough for the dinner. Instead, we had chicken tenders that were cooked in teriyaki sauce, mashed potatoes, and creamed corn. Since we are out of milk, everyone had a cup of Crystal Light with the meal.
So, dinner wasn't all that colorful, but worse things have happened than a neutral meal. *smiles* While our daughter was enjoying VBS, her father and I went over to McDonald's for a "snack". He got an iced mocha coffee, and I splurged on a vanilla cone. It was very yummy, and I enjoyed it immensely.

Once VBS was over, we came home, and now I sit with my evening snack. I have my cup-a-soup with FF crackers, and a banana. All of this yummy goodness comes to a total of 1,312 calories for the day.

0 comments: