Current Happenings

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Foods For The Day

My new "puppy" woke me up early this morning, and I was awake before my stomach was. So, I put the coffee on and tried to shake the cobwebs out of my head.
One my daughter woke up, we had some breakfast. I opted for Cinnamon Apple oatmeal, a banana, and a cup of water. I hadn't had apple oatmeal in quite a while, and now I wonder why! It was yummy.
When lunch time came around, I cooked up some vegetables to go with my sandwich. I was running short on mixed vegetables, so I cooked up some extra broccoli to fill it out. The sandwich was standard white bread, mustard, lettuce, tomato, and chicken breast lunch meat. Ah, and I can't forget the can of diet soda that I like so much.
A little later in the afternoon, I got the munchies. I'm pretty sure that it is because of all the vegetables that I've been eating. You know, they are big on volume, but they sure don't stay with you for very long. It's no wonder that the big herbivores spend so much time grazing! Anyway, I grabbed some cucumber slices from the fridge. They were nice and cold, just like I like them. Add a cup of coffee, and that is how I got through the afternoon without eating my own arms off. I did go for a walk around the neighborhood with my daughter though, and that helped to shake the edge off a bit before dinner.
After I got home from my walk, I sat down to a real easy dinner that kept me busy for a while. I popped a Healthy Choice "General Tso Chicken" bowl in the microwave, and steamed up extra vegetables to add to it.

For dessert, I had a Creamsicle!! MMmmmm..... I LOVE Creamsicles.
For my nighttime snack, I had some real fruit. Yeah, the kind that isn't artificial and wrapped around ice cream. *laughs*
Instead, I had pineapple, a plum, and a cheese stick. That finished out the day for a total of 1,343 calories.

2 comments:

Ida said...

dreamsicles are the BEST!

Ida said...

Jenn, I have an award for you. Stop by my blog and pick it up.