Current Happenings

Monday, October 5, 2009

First Day In

My first day in over at the foo-foo gym was really nice! I had one of the gals from the gym ushering me around, getting me set up with some exercises. While I liked having someone else do the organizing, I always feel awkward when someone wants to talk to me while expecting me to still be able to count reps. *laugh* I have to be focused on what I'm doing, so I don't look like I have adult A.D.D. . Heehee...

After wrapping up with another 20 minutes of cardio, I went downstairs and took a shower. I had wanted to get into the pool, but I wasn't aware of the new rule about wearing a cap in the pool. So, I obviously didn't have one with me. I stopped by the store on the way to go pick up my daughter from school though, and I was able to get one in time for the gym tomorrow morning.

I want to really wring as much out of this month-to-month membership as absolutely possible. So, I think that I'm going to take a fitness class tomorrow. I have to look at the schedule and see what I'd be interested in, but I'm sure that I'll find something. I'm feeling pretty good this evening. I'm not sore, though my arthritic knee feels slightly tired. I'll probably pass on the kickboxing for right now, but all of the other classes sound fun.

Eating is going really well also! I am a little worried about the evening though, just because my sister has been going on about how much she wants to bake cookies. I told her that that wouldn't be a kindness toward me, but I'm not sure that it matters to her so much. I asked that she buy ready-made cookies and just eat them in private, and we'll see how that works out.

In the meantime, my meals have been tasty. I was surprised that I got on for so long off of that one bowl of oatmeal. Tomorrow, I am bringing a snack with me for right after my workout. This afternoon, I hit Subway for a sandwich, and practically inhaled the thing. I'll be better prepared tomorrow.

I ate a frozen meal for dinner tonight, after making a separate meal for all of my family. It was just easier for me, instead of weighing everything and measuring. I'll try to do a little better tomorrow, and I'll share dinner with my loved ones.

Well, I have a bag of beautiful Michigan apples that are just begging for my attention. They are so pretty that I just have to have one. *grins* I've got 377 more calories to eat up today, before I head to bed. Time to get to it!

1 comments:

gettingandstayinghealthy said...

Sounds like an awesome day!