Current Happenings

Monday, October 26, 2009

Food!!

Food was alright today. I didn't get enough veggies in, but I have been doing a ton of laundry today. That generally means that I grab whatever is easiest to eat, and that has been things like oatmeal.

This morning, I actually burned my oatmeal. I had never done that before! So, I had my cup of coffee, and whatever oatmeal wasn't stuck to the bottom of the pan. Lunch was a yummy ham sandwich. I almost caved and ate potato chips, but I stopped myself at the last moment and decided that they would be counterproductive to what I wanted. Instead of eating more, I just did more laundry. Bwaaaa..... Laundry. (Have I mentioned that I'm tired?)

Dinner was a Smart Ones lasagna and two servings of "California blend" vegetables that I lightly seared on the stove top. I had chicken that I could have eaten instead, but everyone else was having spaghetti, so I wanted to have something with noodles and sauce.

For a snack this evening, I made some chocolate oats. Even though I added a tablespoon of margarine to my oatmeal, I still only made it up to 1,041 calories today. It's just not happening today. I'm done, and ready for bed. So, I'm low and too tired to bother with it.

I didn't exercise today, and that is a good thing. The household chores helped me to keep my sanity, because I would have been pacing and making grumpy eyebrows at myself for not exercising. I just feel driven to exercise every day, but I have GOT to let my abs rest. I definitely don't want to end up with another hernia, but I could wind up there if I don't watch what I'm doing. My abdominal wall has been through so much crud, it is so very fragile now. I've got so much scar tissue that sometimes I get a little freaked out about it. I can't even clean my belly button normally any more. Instead, I have to use peroxide and a q-tip to clean out the tiny little hole, because the scar tissue has pulled my belly button so tight. Poor little belly button. It makes me sad. Anyway, all of the scar tissue is a concern, because I don't want the other tissues of my abdomen to give way when the scar tissue doesn't move and stretch. Supposedly, hernias don't hurt all that much. That hasn't been my experience. I wonder why it doesn't hurt other people when their muscles tear...

Anyway, I won't be exercising tomorrow either. Well, not exactly. I think that what I'm going to do is drop my daughter off at school, and then go walk around the mall. That will keep me away from the kitchen, keep me moving, but also keep me from the temptation of the gym. I just can't be around the weights and machines without salivating over them. I can take my MP3 player to the mall though, and just walk around. I like to window shop, so it's all good.

0 comments: