Current Happenings

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Loggin da Munchies for Tuesday

Tuesday, Oct. 13th
--Breakfast--

1 packet Apple & Cinnamon oatmeal
1 Special K Protein Bar

--Lunch--
1 c. Coffee
1 Egg on toast

--Dinner--
Salmon (4 oz. raw weight), 3.75 oz. zucchini, 4.25 oz. yellow squash, 15 g. light Ranch dressing

1 slice Pumpkin Pie w/ non-dairy whipped topping

--Snack--
1 String Cheese Stick
1 med. Apple, pan seared w/ cinnamon

1,226 Calories

--------------------------------------------------------------

It's hard to believe that everything just added up to 1,226 calories yesterday. Sometimes food just doesn't seem all that important, because my stomach isn't growling like crazy to let me know that it's time to eat.

I have been pretty hungry lately, but I am noticing a pattern emerging. When I workout in a more low-key manner (like swimming in the pool), I become very hungry and need a larger lunch when I get home. On the other hand, when I push it hard at the gym, it takes me a while to come down and be ready for food. Then, I tend to eat less, and my stomach doesn't feel like a huge black hole, ready to devour the Universe.

Some of the things that are improving my habits the most are just the little things that I need to do during the day. For example, I don't snack so much during the afternoon, because I have to leave and pick up my daughter from school. Between gym time, grocery shopping, and school stuff- I don't have as much time to sit around and be bored. The decrease in boredom is doing wonderful things for me.

0 comments: