Current Happenings

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Wow, It's October!

I can't believe that it is October already!

Well, I made it through a week of daily gym visits before sickness hit our household, and I got knocked on my rear. So, I took this last week off from exercise, since I had heard somewhere that strenuous exercise jacks up the immune system a bit. For as much as I was enjoying my daily gym visits, I really do like to breathe. *laughs*

I'm feeling about 95% better now, so I'm ready to get my tail back into the game. Things are going pretty well for me, even considering that I'm not functioning at peak performance while babying my abdomen. I wish that I knew how long I have to be careful, just to be sure that I don't tear that muscle all apart again.

I was thinking today that I might pick up a month-by-month membership at the foo-foo girly gym for a little while. I really enjoy working out at the serious "manly" gym, but there *are* some things that I miss. To get through this winter, and a little lack of motivation, I think that I would like to get in some classes and water aerobics. I have the time, and the variety of activities might help me stay out of the fridge more often.

I've been struggling for quite a while now, and my diet is the big weight on my back that is making everything more difficult. I have GOT to stop eating junk. I don't even know when it is that I last was 100% "on plan" and careful about logging all of my foods. I don't know if it is laziness, stupidness, or both. I've paid for it though, by going up one pant size. That's a big bummer. It not something that I have to live with though. I can get a handle on this and turn the boat around before I get myself into big trouble all over again.

One thing that has helped to motivate me has been the show "Diet Tribe" that just started it's second season. I enjoy watching "The Biggest Loser", but there are times when I like to see people work hard just for the right reasons, without climbing up each other's backs for money. I like that no one gets voted off on DT, and that Jesse is certainly not hard on the eyes. *laughs* Seriously though, for as much as I like being pushed hard (and seeing others being pushed), I like that Jesse is always nice about it and doesn't get in their faces and cuss the gals out. For as much as I love Bob and Jillian, I'd never last a day in their gym. If someone swears at me, I shut down and am more likely to get quiet before poppin' someone in the mouth. That doesn't mean that I don't enjoy some serious challenge. There's just no excuse for being an ass.

My challenges for this week are:

- Drop 2-3 lbs.
- Drink lots of water
- Restrict coffee to two cups per day
- Follow strict meal planning for 1,500 calories per day

I plan on accomplishing my weight loss through a combination of drinking water and exercising 5 days this week, for at least 90 minutes each day. Since I've been eating junk and not drinking my water, I know that getting that water in will help me have that initial whoosh of water weight drop off. I don't know exactly what I can accomplish with the exercise, since my body is rather unpredictable these days, but I know that it will be all good. I'm not going to push myself beyond what I feel is safe. I can challenge myself on the treadmill, bike, and swimming. All weight training will be done carefully though.

Tomorrow will be my planning day, as my "working week" will begin on Monday. I'll exercise Monday through Friday, and weigh in on Saturdays. There won't be any exercising on the weekends, but I'll still stick to my 1,500 calorie goal, and hopefully I'll have good results. I'm going to take it week by week, trying new exercises and food options each week. That should keep my body guessing enough that I don't get bored.

0 comments: