Current Happenings

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Back To The Treadmill

Well, I think that I'm feeling well enough now that I can get my rear end back to the gym. I'm still coughing a bit, but it's not too bad. I want to start working on my running stamina, so I'll be spending more time on the treadmill for a while.

For this week, I'm going to focus mainly on running, with a side of weight training. My plan is to keep up a light weight training schedule that focuses on large muscles. I need to give my abs a break, but I don't want to turn into complete mush either. So, I'm going to just do enough so that I don't look like Jello. Running feels great, but it still isn't pretty to have more slender arms that still flop around like big arms. *laughs*

I'm not a great runner. Really, I've never been real great on the run. I move forward, but not with any real measure of grace- and that is probably why I'm not very fast. I read that being quick is a matter of efficiency, and that's where I suck. For as much as I stink at it, I do like running. It helps me to feel like I'm accomplishing *something*.

0 comments: