Current Happenings

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Blobs and Vanilla Wafers

Yesterday was a pretty good day. I wasn't feeling too 'food crazy', and I stayed active all day. My caloric intake for the day was 1,547 calories, thanks to some vanilla wafers that jumped me before bed. *chuckles* Ok, that was my fault. I stayed up past my bedtime, watching a movie. I just wanted a little something to nibble on, so I didn't feel like I had an empty pit for a stomach. Next time, I should grab a cheese stick or something. On the plus side though, I'm not going to eat a whole box of cookies in my sleep, so at least the treat stops with one serving.

It was nice to get on the erg and row for a little while. After my 20 minutes were up, I probably could have gone for longer, but my lungs were feeling very tender after all of that cold air. Yeah, I just LOVE influenza. Bleck. At least I was able to breathe reasonably well and still move. It felt real good.

My husband wanted something simple for dinner, so we had egg salad sandwiches with pretzels. What I liked best about dinner was that I didn't have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, and paper plates. I used my cute little egg slicer for the first time, and I think it's groovy. It made everything much faster to throw together.

Oo! Ooo! We got to try out our new toaster last night! We've had the same beaten down toaster since we got married, but Mike talked me into getting a new one, because he said that some elements had melted together. Of course, he complained about the one that I picked, because it is black and silver. I called him while I was at the store, and specifically asked him if he had a preference on the color. *laughs* He only cares after I buy something, apparently. Anyway, it is quite wonderful in it's ability to toast nearly anything. Mike was actually laughing and carrying on about how beautifully even the toasting was. Hilarious. Absolutely hilarious.

Today is going to be a much more relaxed day. Frankly, I'm tired. Sometimes being a woman is just a wearying thing, and that time just happens to be now. *grins* So, I didn't hit the gym, or any such thing like that today. Instead, I've come back home to take care of my animals, and be kind to myself. I'm halfway through a cup of coffee, and I'll finish it while reading a book. Then, I am going to take myself a nap. Ha! Sorry, it makes me want to laugh, just thinking about the luxury of sleeping when I want to. Sometimes I think that this waking up at 5 a.m. and going to bed at midnight is going to turn me into an unrecognizable goo. Maybe even Bob. You know, it's because THAT is so attractive. lol

0 comments: