Current Happenings

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Walk In The Park

Ok, it was a very COLD walk in the park. *laughs* After dropping my daughter off at school, I drove a little further down the road to the pretty little park. It is a circular park, and there is always someone out there walking a dog or rollerblading.

This morning, I decided to walk around the mile long loop of the park. I had thought that maybe I would get in a couple of miles, but the bitter cold air coming off the river was just too much for my tender lungs and sinus tissues. So, while I didn't walk very far, it was much more enjoyable thank walking on a treadmill. I'm not sure that shivering from cold and having frozen muscles does a whole lot to improve one's fitness, so I plan on rowing on my ergometer for a little while later.

My craziness that I noted yesterday is still actively weird. I'm feeling more "normal" right now, and when I stepped on the scale this morning, it showed a substantial drop. At least it is good to know that I'm not continuing to swell up like an overfilled water balloon. I don't usually step on the scale so often, but I would like to know what is going on with me over the next few days. It's a curiosity thing. When I'm feeling weird, it helps to add the numbers to my log, just to see the pattern of goofiness with my body. Over time, it helps me to keep a level head and not get freaked out if I see a sudden jump on the scale.

Well, it's time to get my behind out of this chair so I can go and do something productive. Have a great day!

0 comments: