Current Happenings

Friday, December 18, 2009

My Interesting Hiatus

I just wanted to let all of you know that I haven't just dropped off the face of the earth and abandoned my blog. :o )

I found out a little while ago that I am pregnant, and that changes the whole game for me. Sure, I should have been here, blogging food and trying to be a responsible pregnant woman who doesn't want to gain 60 lbs. of fat while growing a little baby. But, I just haven't gotten myself there yet. This is a lot of drama for us already.

I have a blood-clotting disorder, so this is a high-risk pregnancy for me. I'll be taking heparin injections every day, in addition to the asprin that I already take. As I reach my second trimester, I will be moving to a modified bedrest. Depending on how things go, I might end up completely bedridden for a while, trying to stay pregnant long enough for this baby to live. So, nutrition is going to be a tricky thing, because my husband will take over cooking in a few short weeks.

What an adventure!

3 comments:

Me, Only Better said...

Wow~! Congratulations! I pray that you and this babe will be safe during this exciting journey ahead of you!

Brooke said...

Congratulations! You better take good care of yourself!! I hope all goes well with your pregnancy. It's scary enough to be pregnant without having "high risk" stuff going on. I'll send up a prayer for you!! congrats.

Stephanie said...

Well, congratulations! That is exciting news.
BODA weight loss