Current Happenings

Sunday, January 17, 2016

A Little Less Fluff

I am feeling pretty awesome, this morning. There is no pouting going on over here.... so far. lol :p My husband brought me a hot coffee, with heavy cream. So good. That is one benefit of cutting the sugar. I get to have full fat things, and they go a long way in making up for what I've given up. I have a little pep in my step right now, after having checked in on my progress. With just a few days under my belt, I'm down 4.6 lbs. . Woohoo. :) I don't need "Biggest Loser" kind of numbers, in order to be happy. It just feels good when pushing through the bread cravings actually shows itself to be worth something. I'm thinking that what I want to do is schedule an appointment with my doctor, for around my birthday. So, I can go and show her how much I was able to accomplish, without taking the pills that make me sick. That should serve as good motivation to not fall of the wagon, eh? Baby steps.

My doctor is one of the sweetest medical professionals that I've met. I just want to squeeeeeesh her in a fluffy hug...... except that that would be weird. It's particularly strange on my part, because she doesn't pull any punches when it comes to telling me that I'm a big ole fluffermuffin.  It comes with offers to help, since she can see from my bloodwork and exams that I have a lot going wrong with my hormones. Her help is just .... uncomfortable. I don't want to take pills. For as much as I whine about missing bread, noodles, and cake, it is still more comfortable than that sick feeling that the pills give me. I can either feel like I'm going to vomit and pass out, or I can just buck up and inflict the low-carby pain on myself. 

Bring on the pain?  um.... yeah.... Bring on the pain!!!

Sure. lol

Have I mentioned how much more interesting it is to do this, while eating a Biblically kosher diet? My husband joked with me the other day about not having pork rinds. He's a goofy guy. Yup, no porcine "food" products, unlike the last time that I was kind to myself, and cut down on my carbs. I was doing so well with keeping my weight under control, before I got pregnant with my twins. Now, I think that I'm ready to get on with the getting on, because my hurts and out-of-whack hormones aren't going to just fix themselves. If I'm going to be in pain anyway, why not choose to inflict it on myself, for an overall benefit? At some point, maybe I can feel better. I already feel less foggy-headed, even though I still have a bit of brain fog from my hypothyroidism. I feel much clearer. I've already been able to wear some jeans that had been uncomfortable, and had been relegated to the further recesses of my drawer. Every little baby step is a win.

0 comments: